Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 13:33:06 -0800
On 27 Feb 99, at 11:32, Alex Polenov wrote:

> Could you provide me with a good UUCP mail program? Can Eudora work
> with UUCP (someone tell me that it can work with POP only). I have
> Minihost now and don't like it ....

  UUCP was going out of favour around the same time as PCs were
starting to become more common on the Internet.  PC software that
expects to use UUCP directly was, therefore, never very common, and in
fact few ISPs seem to offer UUCP service any more.

  There *was* a program called "UUPC" for connecting PCs to hosts using
UUCP, and any sites that have archived it may also have mail programs
that will do what you want.

  [In our case, we used pine (or similar) to read and answer mail, on a
Unix host that used UUCP to exchange mail with the rest of the world.
So none of the PCs ever talked to UUCP directly.]

David G

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html