Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peetie Wheatstraw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:51:22 -0600

> Date:    Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:24:29 -0500
> From:    Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: W2k IE6: Selectively deleting "Temporary Internet Files"

 --- snip ---

> If you only want to delete select files, you don't have to
> boot to dos.

This is good. MS DOS can't see my NTFS files. :-)

> Open
> a command prompt window.  For Win2000 /xp and IE6, go to
> Documents and Settings\username\local settings\temporary internet
> files\content.ie5
>
> where your login is substituted for username.  This is a
> system folder so
> nothing appears unless you type
>
> dir /as
>
> (note: local settings is hidden, not system, so it appears if
> the command is
> dir /ah)
>
> On my system there are 7 additional folders, with seemingly
> random strings
> of characters for names.

I had about 35 of the Strange Looking Thangs. <grin>

> You have to search each for the
> files you want to
> delete, since IE's rationale for cache storage is incomprehensible.

"Born And Raised In Outer-Space", I'd say.

I did find that I could, from the content.ie5 dir, enter
commands such as:

del /s *.gif

which deletes all .gif files in all the Outer-Space dir's.
This was very helpful.

I now have a tif.bat file that looks *something* like:

cd "Documents and Settings\username\local settings\temporary internet
    files\content.ie5"
del /s *.gif
del /s *.jpg
<etc>

and it seems to work OK so far.

Much thanks for your help.

  Cheers,
  Peetie

| Peetie Wheatstraw            [log in to unmask] |

Enter now for a chance to win a 42" Plasma Television!
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda1.com/1/c/563632/113422/313631/313631
AOL users go here: http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda1.com/1/c/563632/113422/313631/313631
This offer applies to U.S. Residents Only

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml