Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:03:27 -0400
frank:
sounds like you have to go to the registry to get rid of these first check
if you have a macafee folder in your program files if you do delete it.
Kirk crist
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fran Bott" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 0436
Subject: [PCSOFT] Can not remove icons on desktop

PCSOFT Digest - 13 Oct 2001 to 14 Oct 2001 (#2001-280)I have 2 icons on my
desktop that were left behind after uninstalling a Mcafee program. The icons
names are Mcafee Fortress and Mcafee File Shredder.It has been ages since I
remove this program.I have tried the following to get ride of them -  none
of them work:

1. Dropping them in the recycle bin.
2. Right clicking then clicking on delete.
3. Highlighting, the prssing the delete button.
4. I have gone to Desktop in Explorer and tried all delete options there
including dragging to the recycle bin, with no luck.

I usually drag them to the lowest position on the desktop that I can get
them to (back behind the taskbar) so I don't have to look at them, as now
they are generic windows icons. But everytime I reboot, they pop back up the
desktop (at this point, I think they are possessed).

If any one has any ideas on how to get rid of them it would be greatly
appreciated.

Fran

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml