Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 20:33:05 -0400
Hello all!

While dutifully doing my backup chores, I ran into a problem with the
outlook.pst file: it refused to copy, claiming that there was another
process that had part of the file open. I would like to say that this is the
first time that this has happened, but I haven't been as dutiful in my
backups as I would like...

Here are the specs:

Dell Dimension, 1.5 GB RAM, 3.06 Ghz Intel processor, plenty of HD space on
multiple partitions (on one 160 GB HD), Windows XP Pro with SP2 and all up
to date. Ditto with Avast, MS antispyware, Zonealarm Pro in newest version.

More info: I have noticed in, say the past year, that some of Outlook (2003)
seems to be loading at boot time. Although there is nothing in MSConfig or
any other startup program, when I go to Task Manager, there is a large chunk
of memory devoted to outlook.exe before I first open the program. This has
made Outlook very quick to load, but it seems to lock down the outlook.pst
file.

I have tried the following:
Turn off the outlook stub in task manager - same error message
Turn off avast email protection - same error message
Copy from safe mode (network permissions don't seem to be the same in safe
mode, so no joy directly). However, I did copy the file to the desktop, and
that copy was allowed to be moved to my backup. But...it shouldn't be this
difficult.

Would anyone have any ideas about this? Thank you for your time and thought
on this.

Best,

Will Stephenson
Acadia Technologies Inc.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

There are as many paths to God as there are people to walk them.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml