Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:40:41 +1200
Your problem sems to be a result of using a certain type of CD burning facility which I believe is better kept away from.

I refer to an add-on which is included in many different burning programs, in your case it's DirectCD, which is attached to EasyCD.

In-CD is included with Nero and most of the major CD writing apps have one of their own.

These systems enable you to write a CD by the 'drag-and-drop' process, rather than open the main program and write by conventional means.

Personally, I've never had any success with this method, it seems to be flaky and unreliable.  And a major disadvantage is that the app also needs to be installed on any computer in which you're likely to try and read the CD.

My suggestion is to stick with a more conventional method of writing CD's.  Incidentally, if you're using EasyCD6, the main application itself is also a little dodgy.  At the very least, it doesn't seem to like the presence of any other CD burning program.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

  From: Temple Davis
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 12:48 PM
  Subject: [PCSOFT] CD-RW Problem

  I had saved a lot of pictures on a CD-RW.  The CD had worked fine every time I viewed it until this week.  I put the CD in and it shows the folder but AutoPlay comes on and searches for files and only shows one small file (just a few kb's in size)  and I got the following messages:

   One message says:
  Direct CD 5.2.0.91
  The requested files could not be read from the CD in Drive E.  It is recommended to copy any critical files on this CD to a new CD

  The second message was:

  E:\ is not accessible.  The volume for a file has been externally deleted so that the opened file is no longer valid.
  In My Computer under Details (for this drive) it says:

  Beckett [E]
  CD Drive
  File System CDUDFRW
  Free Space 561 MB
  Total Size 571 MB

      (this would lead me to believe the picture files are still on the cd since it is saying there
                                      are 10 MB used).

  Any suggestions?  I have tried the CD on another computer and got the same messages.  By the way, the CD couldn't not have become damaged because it was stored in a case in my CD file as always, and I had just viewed it the day before and it was fine.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode