Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
a fennell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 12:13:17 -0400
What are the NAV files?  How do they differ from the Virus Definition files?  How can I tell if my Live Update is doing NAV files in addition to the Virus Definition files?  Is it going to rain tomorrow?  Thanks.                  -AnnFennell

From: Mike
To: [log in to unmask]
I have had the same problem and helped several others through it. I found the most effective method is to uninstall all Symantec programs. Do a search of the hard drives for all files and folders;
keywords: Norton : Symantec delete any files found with those words in them.

Reboot, and double check to see that there are no traces of Norton or Symantec
Reinstall NAV, check for update install the  Live Update online, reboot.
Check Liveupdate, download and install the revision to Liveupdate
Open NAV and check for updates with Liveupdate.
Hopefully it will work correctly again.

Mike Baynes~ It is a good day if I learned something new.
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member

*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********

  From:    Ed Nottingham <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: NAV 2004 Live Update not updating NAV files
Since Wednesday last week, Norton Antivirus 2004 has refused to update a needed NAV file.  Virus definitions are updated, just not the needed NAV file.  I used all the tools from www.symantec.com website AND called their $30 tech support, who graciously did not charge and sent me a set of
instructions for removing all previous Norton Antivirus installations, removing registry references to NAV, etc.  I have also uninstalled Norton SystemWorks 2003 and Ghost.  All Norton and Symantec folders were also removed, per the instructions.  No matter what, the NAV update will not install, and again, all the instructions for error messages have been followed to a tee.