Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
gerry lowry +1 705 429-7550 wasaga beach ontario canada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:19:56 -0400
Kathy, i had it recently, i'd thought i'd gotten rid of it, it came back ... it's now dead or sleeping.

Not even sure how/where i got it in the first place; i'm running Win7, FWIW.

"It doesn't cause any visible problems" ... for me, it caused excruciatingly, painfully slow
operation of my PC ... this is because it was writing thousands of files to
     c:\Windows\Temp\tmp0000wxyz ... where wxyz changed with every reboot.

in perhaps half a day, it created 10 000 to 15 000 files of length c. 76 000 bytes,
plus in c:\Windows\Temp it created perhaps 2000 files x c. 512 MB.

To remove it manually, reboot in safe mode (press F8 on restart if you're using Win7).

Delete ALL of the temporary files ...

Next, open regedt32 and search for every instance of Run and RunOnce ...
delete keys of anything you do not need ... in my cause, i chose to also
remove any instances of empty Run and RunOnce roots.

Be careful what you let run when your firewall prompts you ... for example,
my firewall asked me a few days ago when i last restarted whether it could
run c:\Windows\System32\taskhost.exe .... rather than choosing any of
the options "Allow/Allow once/Block", i simply pushed the Firewall dialog
aside ... unless something does not work, generally, one does not need
to immediately respond to such dialogs.

Kathy, you are likely running one or more firewalls ... i suggest that
you dig through ALL of your firewall settings and consider blocking
things that have suspicious "allow" permissions.

When you restart your system, run a FULL virus scan after you ensure
that your MSE virus and spyware definitions are 100% up to date.

g.