Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Heagney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:17:11 -0500
First time poster and raw computer rookie...

I've recently upgraded to a new system and run into a printer problem.  My
formerly reliable Canon BJC-610 worked fine under W95 for three years.
During that time I misplaced one of the three floppies supplied by Canon
that had the printer drivers.  No big deal, I thought, I don't need it.  But
the printer has become uncomfortable with my new system under W98 (the local
shop which built the system for me installed the printer driver for me when
they put the system together) and stopped executing commands to print.

I decided to delete and reinstall the printer.  Having lost or misplaced the
3.5 floppies from Canon with the 610 drivers, I downloaded the drivers from
Canon's website and saved them to my A drive.

Now I can't get the drivers I downloaded to load off the floppies I saved
the files to.  In fact, I can't even find them.  I double clicked and opened
the file from Canon on my 3.5 disk but cannot find the driver.  The folks
who built my new system tried to walk me through the problem by phone but
with no success.  They told me to search for an .inf file on the floppies,
and I found none.

I have gotten the printer to work by using the default driver supplied on
the W98 CD.  It is called BJC-600, not BJC-610.  This driver has allowed my
printer to work, but it does not give me all the features and options I used
to have to customize the quality of my printing output.

I have wondered if the simplest solution would be to find someone with the
original Canon 610 driver floppies who would copy and e-mail them to me.
Can anyone of you do this for me or suggest another solution?

Thanks,
Rick Heagney

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html