Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:17:34 +1000
Regina wrote:
>Anything else I should be doing?>>

Bill has given excellent advice, to which I'd only add that commonsense is
your best defence. Beware of those "freebies" that look too good to be
true---eg free screensavers, fonts, cards, "smilies", and the like---they
often come complete with hidden malware, or will harvest your email address
to spammers.

That's not to say there aren't many good freeware programs---there are. If
you download them only from reputable download sites such as Download.com,
MajorGeeks.com, PCWorld.com, Tucows.com etc (there are many others) you
should be OK.

I also suggest using a good downloads manager which will automatically call
up your antivirus checker on completion of each download.

Chatrooms and "Messenger" (of various sorts) are also generally regarded as
rather high-risk areas. And formatted email (Incredimail etc) should be
treated with caution, because of possible security vulnerabilities.

But, generally, what you have done is pretty right for most sensible browsing.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml