Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Heagney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:25:47 -0500
Lonranger wrote:

>Someone else cannot download the drivers for you unless the have the serial
>number...What I can suggest for you is to go to the following URL...

Thanks, Sam.  I have already been to this site and downloaded the driver.
The trouble is, I cannot get the files to work.  I get the message, "A
device attached to the system is not functioning."  For details, refer to my
response to Constance.

I would briefly note that this does not immediately strike me as a hardware
or cable problem (although my knowledge of and experience with computers is
minimal), since the printer does work with the driver supplied with my W98
CD.  The printer, when using the W98 driver, just does not have all the
features and quality adjustments that it should have.

I know about the printer serial # requirement since I had to supply it when
I downloaded the files myself.  What I had thought was that someone with the
floppies supplied by Canon with every new printer purchase could copy the
floppies and send the files by e-mail to me.  I wondered if I would have any
better luck with those files as opposed to ones I downloaded.

I had the Canon floppies myself at one time since I bought the printer new
in the box and registered it.  Time, poor housekeeping, and three young
children have conspired to make them disappear.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html