Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Sophie Lugo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 13:11:00 -0700
To all who answered my recent post about finding Windows 95 on floppy
disks, thank you.  I received several suggestions which I might apply to
other things in the future.

As it turns out, I finally located the diskette version-- at my
brother's place!  He had purchased both the diskette and CD-ROM
versions, and I now have the diskettes sitting right here in front of
me!

I do have some questions about upgrading, though.  He didn't send the
manuals, and although they should arrive in a few days, I'd like to
install this as soon as possible.  I've seen so many posts about
problems with upgrading, that I thought I'd check with you guys first.
Here's the info:

I currently have Windows 3.1, DOS 6.22 and Quicken 4 for Windows and
Netscape Navigator 3.0 installed--  that's it.

The Windows 95 set consists of one Setup Boot Disk plus 13 additional
diskettes.  There is one empty slot in the diskette case, but I hope
this doesn't mean there's a diskette missing.  I don't know what version
of Win95 this is.

I'm running a 486DX, 16mb RAM, 1GB SCSI Seagate hard drive (there's also
a 4GB drive installed, but I don't know if it's connected-- it doesn't
seem to be recognized).

Could you advise me about any particular precautions I should take
before installing the program?  Do you know of any peculiarities about
installing the full Win95 (versus just an upgrade) over Win3.1?  Can I
keep both versions while I get used to Win95, and then delete Win3.1?

I had originally thought of waiting for the Windows 98 release, but
since I use Netscape and have no interest in switching to Explorer, I
figure it's not worth it, unless there's a way to uninstall Explorer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or warnings you might provide.

Sophie