Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Fred Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 07:33:57 -0400
Hass,

I'm betting for some reason your PC couldn't "see" the hard drive so it
defaulted to booting from the A drive.  As there was no diskette in the A
drive, hence the message.  That is also why you got the strange message from
scandisk: no workable C drive so it assumes it is a network drive.  So the
root of the problem is your hard drive.

A non-working hard drive can result from many issues, the basics are:
Drive cable could have somehow worked loose (power or data cable).
BIOS setting somehow got changed (possible CMOS battery failure).
Cable failure (power or data cable).
Drive controller failure (card or motherboard controller).
Drive failure.

Fred Nielson

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 4:16 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Help! Can't Boot

At bootup this morning, I got an error saying ...
[Invalid boot disk in drive A:, insert a valid boot disk]
but, there was NO disk in the floopy drive !!

After rebooting via a bootable floppy and requesting to scandisk C:
I got an error saying [can't scandisk a network drive] ?!

Hass Shayto

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml