Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:45:21 +0000
Brenda,
The latest info on the DNS Changer suggests a relatively small number of generally older machines may have issues, 'older' not defined.  It is a possibility though, if the problems started in the last day or two.
See http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/vulnerabilities/240003231 for more info.
.
Other software products such as superantispyware, malwarebytes'  anti-malware could be of help, if there is some sort of virus, but you need a connection to download them, unless you can download to another machine, put the code onto a usb drive and install from there.  These and other products are often available free from many sites, including cnet.com..  Be wary of imitations, however at other sites.
.
Under internet explorer, clicking on tools (top right corner) then internet options (bottom of the list) would offer you options to clear out the cache and other old data, that would stop a cached web page from appearing.  Running disk cleanup and disk defragmenter under   all programs/accessories/system tools might speed up local programs but shouldn't affect the ability to connect to the internet. And defrag is supposed to be automatic on win 7.  Checking to make sure that it's working won't hurt.
Many companies and most colleges have internal IT groups that are willing to examine personal computers at no charge.  Can't hurt to ask.
Paul Hachmeyer

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Derek Buchanan
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Virus??

Brenda,
   Do you know or have you heard about the recent DNS Changer servers that were taken down by the FBI?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/29/dnschanger_rife_as_deadline_looms/

It could be totally unrelated, but I would have her check anyway.
http://www.dcwg.org/ - test and information site

Derek

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Brenda Dencer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> This is for my sister. She has an all-in-one Dell with Windows 7.
> Recently, she has been having problems using the computer. She can't
> get onto the internet although she has been able to pull up her home
> page (probably cached?). Some programs won't open and it's very slow.
> She has run Norton which hasn't come up with anything.
>
> Taking it to the Geek Squad will cost almost as much as buying a new
> computer so she's getting a new one. But, I wonder what can be done to
> diagnose and resolve her issues?
>
> Any suggestions?

> Brenda Dencer, Columbia, MD

                          PCSOFT's List Owners: