Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brendhan Horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:58:07 -0500
Carroll Grigsby writes:

Have you tried "man bash" from a terminal? It's a big file (4513 lines), but
the answers are probably in there somewhere. If not, there are some
references at the end that may be of some help. (This isn't meant to be a
RTFM reply, but I don't do much with bash other than some simple reading and
editting.)
Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

The Bourne shell is not the Bash shell. Bash stands for Bourne Again SHell.
And yes I have read the man pages. I have read man sh, man bash and just
about everyother thing related to this issue. Fortunately I got an email
back from one of the maintainers of the Bourne shell and got my answers.

1. What are the options available to a Bourne shell prompt ?

The basic synopsis of the answer I got was nothing beyond the
PS1=`whoami`@`hostname |> sed 's/\..*//'`>  . The Bourne shell does not have
the dynamic capabilities of the other shells.

2. What is the color ANSI code for a Bourne shell prompt ?

The Bourne shell does support colors. But it isn't easy. You have to use the
vi editor to make it work. Since giving a vi tutorial is almost a subject on
it's own I will not go into a lot of detail here on how to use vi.
Understand vi stands for very intimidating editor.But you can't get the
symbols you want in the way they need to be to work. I am a newbie and love
ee. It is as it's name describes a Easy Editor . Now on to adding colors to
your prompt.To color your prompt you will need to place this symbol in your
prompt ^[[Xm Replace X with the number of the color you want. Now before I
go to the example a few things about why this is a pain in the ass. ^[ Those
symbols are made by going into vi and editing and typing ctrl +v ( pressed
at the same time) and then pressing the Esc button. You will note another
[ after the first one you get that by pressing the key above the ' key
(qwerty style keyboard). So the keying is very weird. And having to be
forced to do it in vi is like being lead through The Twilight Zone. Oh yeah
doing a copy/ paste doesn't work either. At least for the multiple times I
tried it.

The above is a quote I put in the article after having finally gotten my
answer. I haven't quite finished the article yet.  But when I do I will set
up the link through http://www.understudy.net/  and through
http://lantech.geekvenue.net/chucktips/jason/chuck/index_html .

Thanks for the effort.

Sincerely,