Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:23:47 -0800
On  8 Mar 98 at 19:36, Mazharul Islam wrote:

> First of all thanks a lot for your help. According to your suggestion, I
> have made the new files with the subroutine used at the main program.
> Then I have made a project file(*.mak) and then execute that mak file
> and it worked. Is this way of linking two or more fortran source code is
> o.k.? i.e. the separate file size (each less than 64kb) can be used to
> make a project file thus the problem of the large source code (more than
> 64 kb) consisting of these smaller files does not exist.
> Is there any other method of linking separate files in msfortran 5.1?

  I assume you are building a 16-bit .EXE file, or this wouldn't be
an issue.

  If you have several source files, the linker may be able to combine
some of them into fewer code segments (each segment is limited to
64KB).  What it CAN'T do is take one source file, and split it across
multiple segments; at the point where it discovers that the module is
that big, it has already generated a bunc of code that assumes the
module is all in one segment.

  There are three basic fixes:

1)  Only write very small programs -- not much of an option.

2)  Move to a platform with larger code segments, such as Win32 or
*nix -- preferred by programmers, but may not suit your customers.

3)  Split the code into multiple small source files, with a .MAK file
or the equivalent, as you have done -- could be the best option for
the next year or so.

David G