Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
johnsonv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:14:24 -0300
Tony
A somewhat generalized explanation but here goes...
32 bit applications are run in their own memory space under Windows NT. By
doing this, If one of these apps crashes it does not effect any other app.
Simply close the offending application and carry on. 16 bit applications
however, are all run in the same memory space by default, so if one crashes
they all come down. That is why there is the option to run 16 bit apps in
thier own memory space.

If you wish to dual boot 95/NT, here are a few things to consider.
        95 will not recognize NTFS partitions
        NT will not recognize FAT32 partitions
        Only FAT16 is compatable with both OSs.
Format the boot partition with FAT16 and install Win95. Install NT second
and it will take care of creating the boot menu for you.

If you have NT installed on a FAT16 partition, you can remove it by booting
with a 95/98 boot disk. Transfer the System files to the C: drive and delete
from the root directory (C:) NTLDR, NTDETECT and anything else that starts
with NT... Also Boot.ini is okay to delete now. Remove the \WINNT directory
and NT is gone.
Once the system files are transferred to c:\you can boot to the hard drive.

If you have formatted the boot partition with NTFS,  run the setup program
for NT and reformat from there.

Hope this helps.

Vance Johnson

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**