Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:07:53 -0600
I hope that this is not too far off topic.  This thread has been going along
for awhile and it has probably digressed alot from the original question of
how to use reveal codes with MS Word.

The reason I hear most often from WordPerfect users for not moving to Word
is reveal codes.  I grew up (in computer years) using WordPerfect.  At one
point it was the best word processor on the market for many reasons.
However, in my opinion there has not been a well developed version of
WordPerfect since DOS ver. 5.1.  The program did not migrate well to the
windows enviornment, and is still struggling.  It does not perform well when
comparing *overall* ease of use against MS Word.  The Power Bar is not
nearly as flexible or useful as the multiple toolbars available with Word.
OLE with other programs has gotten better but not as seamless as in the
Microsoft product line.  The equation editor is a nightmare to use.  Adding
simple things like lines, boxes, text anywhere on the page, moving an object
and anchoring it anywhere on the page etc. just are not as easy in
WordPerfect.  Although to it's credit, the newest version of WordPerfect is
getting better with each release.  There are many more reasons to use Word
than not, especially if reveal codes is the only reason not to migrate.  The
reason that Word does not have reveal codes is that they are unnecessary.
Reveal codes are a crutch that many long term WordPerfect users have become
so accustomed to that living without them seems to be impossible.

Just my two cents worth, I hope I have not offended anyone.

Mike Buraczewski