Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2004 11:19:27 -0400
Hello all!

I just got a call from a "new" client who can't get past the logon screen in
XP. Since he never had to logon before, and never had a password, he is
unable to get back into his machine. I asked him (over the phone - it's
Sunday here) to put in administrator as the username and use a likely
password or ten. No joy. His computer is a relatively recent Dell

His anti-virus has not been updated "in a while" and he is convinced that he
has been attacked by a worm. I'm thinking more than just one...

Anyway, I have heard about password sniffer software that could help fix his
boot password problem. Does anyone have any recommendations as to one that
actually works?

Secondly, the client does have some files that he would like saved. I have
the Knoppix Linux CD distribution and was thinking of using that to somehow
pull files off the machine - please note the "somehow". When I have tried
the Knoppix on my own system, I was less than successful in navigating to
files on my NTFS partition. Would anyone have some generic instructions on
this issue?

Thanks very much!

Will Stephenson
mailto:[log in to unmask]