Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:22:21 -0800
On 31 Dec 2001, at 7:32, Chuck Finnigan wrote:

> I received an email in OE6 from a friend (she did not
> intentionally send it) with an attachment named 'me_nude.m.scr.'  I
> couldn't find a reference to this on any of the virus sites and
> the only Google results were Japanese sites. What is this? Is her
> machine infected?

  Several of the "popular" viruses that spread themselves via email
attachments use attachment file names with two dots in them, hoping
that recipients will have left the default Windows setting to "hide
extensions of known types" to conceal the final (real) extension --
often .pif or .scr since naive users (and very old flawed antivirus
programs) may not recognize these as executable.

  So I'd say this looks like she has a virus, yes.  The actual name
of the attachment, though, may not be enough information to tell
which virus it is.

Dave Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml