Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:21:52 -0800
At 08:15 PM 3/16/2004, you wrote:
>Mark,
>My experience with FDISK, shows that when there is a duel boot where 98 is
>on a FAT32 partition and windows NT or Windows 2000 on a NTFS partiton,
>you will get a 5th choice (Delete non DOS partition).....This will allow
>you to delete the NTFS partion and then it can be re-formatted as FAT16 or
>FAT32.
>Walter

Yes indeed, there is a fifth choice for a non DOS partition, and there
always has been, in every version of FDISK. BUT the last version of FDISK
last appeared in Windows 98se during the Win NT and NT4 era, and I suspect
it does not support the latest versions of NTFS. I have two machines here
that multi boot 98se, 2000, and XP. My NTFS partitions were created with
Partition Magic 8.0.

If I boot into DOS,...then FDISK, and then look for partitions, the only
thing that is there are the FAT partitions. There are no non DOS partitions
available to delete.  Besides, these days I think that FDISK is a clumsy
way to go about this. FDISK will allow you to delete and create but not
resize an existing partition, or position a new partition in front of an
existing one.

  There are many partition management programs similar to Partition Magic
available, even in a shareware format, that provide you with a GUI that
makes the job easy and understandable.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com