Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:13:27 +0200
Hello Hans,

Monday, February 21, 2000, 2:35:02 AM, you wrote:

HS> Hi list,,
HS> Iam using a Plustek Optic-Pro 600p to scan some pictures for use
HS> as Wallpapers.
HS> I want them to be 1024x768 when done but i cant figure out what to
HS> set so this will work?The Plustek site was no help,,,anyone else
HS> using this scanner and the software that came with it?

First, determine the closest scan resolution. That is: get the ruler
and measure the picture, horizontally and vertically. Now get some
calculations done, your goal is to get the closest (but bigger) value
to 1024x768.

For example : 4x3in. picture at 200 dpi = 800x600 pixels, not enough.
              4x3            at 300 dpi = 1200x900, that's OK.
              4x2            at 300 dpi = 1200x600, 600<768... here
one must use 400dpi or leave blank margins.

When you have selected the resolution, scan the picture into your
graphics editor (should come with the scanner) and do one of the following:

* If the "Crop" tool or menu option is available, use it to crop the
image closest to 1024x768. A little bigger (1031x773, for example) is
fine, smaller image will leave margins.

* If the "Crop" tool is not available but selection tool is, select an
area of the size (1024x768), cut it and paste into new image with
correct size.

* Try to change image size. This will probably degrade the quality
somewhat.

* As the last resort, if both crop and selection are not available,
you will have to fine-tune the scanning margins to produce the desired
dimensions. Change them a little until you get close enough to
1024x768.

After cropping, save the image as BMP. If you plan to store it
somewhere for later use, consider saving as good quality JPEG as well
since 1024x768 bitmap is well over 1M in size; and the JPEG will weigh
only 100-200k without noticeable quality degradation.

If you have 16-,24- or 32-bit color on your desktop consider saving
BMP in 256 colors since it makes the file smaller - check if the
colors are OK. Sometimes the difference is invisible and sometimes 256
colors are not enough.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
| FAX (413)431-4014               ICQ 2386792
|
| Freelance website and graphics designer
| Visit my site : http://maxwd.hypermart.net
|
| Editor - Graphics artist
| NOSPIN group