Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul%20A.%20Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:45:52 +0000
Greetings--

Further to Mr. Mayer's post, if you have "clicked on" a link from an email or elsewhere, your may have (without your knowing it) loaded a web page that  allowed a rogue software program to "steal your address book", even if your address book  is not online, but on your own hard disk.  I have recently received 4 emails from a friend of mine that had either no subject or a person's first name as the subject.  The only content of these emails was a link.  I deleted all of them.  Given the number of other email addresses to which these bogus messages were sent, I concluded that my friend's address book had been "snagged".

If anyone has any means of stopping rogue emails to addresses that are now "out there", I'd sure be happy to know.

Paul A. Shippert

----- Original Message -----
_From: "Tom Mayer SC" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2011 2:45:26 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] EMail Abuse

You will need to check your ISP site to see if and how they handle web
mail which is just a way of receiving and sending email without using
the email program on your computer. As normally done with email
addresses of sent messages, they are automatically added to your address
book. My experience is that the same thing happens with web mail with
the ISP adding email addresses to your online address book that is
maintained by your ISP. I have observed persons interchanging the use of
email programs and web mail. When I have asked them why they use an
email program one time and web mail the next time, they usually say that
they did not know there was a difference and they just clicked on either
one without differentiating. You should be able to select not having
email addresses automatically saved. I only use web mail when I am
traveling and I periodically check the address book to eliminate any
email addresses that might have been added to it.

I am not familiar with Gmail.

Tom

> On 6/4/2011 11:08 AM, Gordon Totty wrote:
>> Three e-mails were sent to friends and relatives looking exactly like they
> came from me.  Each contained either links to viruses or malware.  These
> emails do not appear in my Sent Items folder; one was time stamped when my
> computer was shut down.  I do not think they came from my computer but
> others disagree with me.  Comcast only told me to change the password on my
> email account with them.  Norton Security Suite says me computer is not
> infected.
>> Can anyone explain how or why this might have happened?  Is there anything
> I can do to prevent further instances?

          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                     visit our download web page at:
                http://freepctech.com/index.php/downloads