Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Greg Purvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:16:59 -0500
A problem has developed recently with Goldwave.  I'm not recording any
sound.

When my XP was 'repaired' in 2007, a new sound card, *SoundMAX
Integrated Digital HD Audio*, was added.
For a while it seemed that everything was working.  I was able to record
from both an external or internal source.

Then I upgraded Goldwave to 5.16 from 5.12.  Problems started after that.
I re-installed 5.12, but the problems now remain.

Regardless of whether I configure GoldWave to Primary Audio or to
SoundMax, the Troubleshooter reports:

        Input Levels:
        *Recording inputs for this device cannot be opened.*

        SoundMAX HD Audio I
        Output Levels:
        *Playback outputs for this device cannot be opened.*

        Input Levels:
        No master input control.
        Stereo Mix: 100 (unselected)
        Line In: 100 (*selected*)
        CD Player: 100 (unselected)
        Microphone: 100 (unselected)

I alternate the settings between PCM 16 bit and higher settings.
I alternate between left, or right, or average channels.
(I'm just trying combinations; I don't always know what the difference is.)

I suspect that there's something wrong with the sound card itself, not
that it's broken, but there's some setting that I'm not understanding on
the card, and it's preventing GoldWave from hearing the sound, so it
can't record it.
Does anyone know of problems between this sound card and Goldwave's
versions 5.12 or 5.16?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml