Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:16:27 -0400
On MS  Excel  spreadsheets I have embedded formulae in many cells:
multiplication (example:   =R4*$B4  ) and sub totals and totals of
columns[example:  =SUM(Q8:Q35)  ].   I have been working this way for years,
faultlessly.  Today, the embedded formulas will not compute.  Nothing shows
up in the formula cell when entry is made in the base cell.  When I click on
the formula cell the formula shows in the block at the top of the sheetnext
to "=".

In addition when I go to an old spreadsheet prepared when everything was
working OK,  when I 'autofill' from a cell that has a value resulting from
an embedded formula, to an adjacent cell, the value of the original cell is
entered rather than the formula with its appropriate result.

However, any formula I type in now, or column I add now with the 'sigma'
works fine - BUT will not autofill work properly. Nor will the product
change in a newly added column if the value in a base cell is changed.

I find at the bottom of the screen, just above the task bar, "Ready ...
Calculate    ....  NUM"   I never noticed - should these words be there?

In trying to solve the problem, I hit:  right click / Format Cell /
Protection  and I unchecked "Lock" - to no avail.  Also hit Tools /
Protection / Unprotect sheet"  - also no effect.

I have Office 2000 on an old Dell with XP Pro.

I am not aware of any thing that might have caused this - downloads,
updates, etc.

PLEASE HELP !!