Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:56:57 -0800
On 16 Apr 99, at 15:39, Ed Nelson wrote:

> Here's the screen I get on cold boot, having tried to get my system
> back into functioning order after the hard drive's death:
>

> Here's the full screen I get on cold boot (and I'm hoping you'll see a
> significant symptom somewhere here):
>
>     -=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
> Starting MS-DOS...

  Now it starts processing CONFIG.SYS:

> USDrive IDE BUS CD-ROM Device Driver Version 1.97
> Unit 0   Base Address 170   Drive 0   Drive Version = ATAPI CD-ROM   1.70
>
> Using 32 bits access
>
> Device Deiver Name = CD003
> CD-ROM device driver installed

  Okay, CONFIG.SYS loaded the "lower half" DOS/Win3x CD-ROM driver.

  Now it starts processing AUTOEXEC.BAT.

  Looks like it begins with "@echo off", so that commands are not shown as
they execute.  The process will be a bit clearer if you edit AUTOEXEC.BAT to
remove this line.

> Bad command or file name

  Oops.  Some line in AUTOEXEC.BAT is not a valid command.  But because echo was
turned off, we cannot see what the command was that elicited this response.

> MSCDEX Version 2.23
> <The M$ copyright statement>
>       Drive E: = Driver CD003 unit 0
> 575296  bytes free memory
> 0       bytes expanded memory
> 12948   bytes CODE
> 2112    bytes static DATA
> 20882   bytes dynamic DATA
> 36208   bytes used

  AUTOEXEC.BAT has loaded the MSCDEX "upper half" CD-ROM driver, using the name
"CD003" to connect it to the :lower half" installed above.

  I'd take out that "@echo off" line, at least for now.  You might want to
follow this up by including copies of CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT with your
message.

  And one other thing:  what is the problem you are encountering?  If you
just ignore that "Bad command or filename" message, does your system run
properly?  If not, you need to provide us with a few more symptoms....

David G

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html