Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:01:13 -0400
Actually it is because an HTML file is more universal.

An HLP file is very proprietary.  Windows 3 can not read
a Windows 95 help file, nor can a UNIX system or a MAC.

HTML can be read by an ever-increasing number of applications
on ALL the operating system platforms -- SUN, UNIX, VMS, OS/2,
MAC, etc. etc.

For this reason, major corporations are pushing for HTML so that they do not
have to worry about George's PC in Chicago not being able to read the same
help file as Mary's MAC in Atlanta.  And
what major corporations want, DOES influence developers.

Will HTML eventually replace HLP?  I doubt it -- but only because something
bigger and better will come along.

I think the next big trend that you will see --- *IF* they can get a
universal standard --- is JAVA based applications that you can rent or lease
as needed from the internet, through your web browser.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**