Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:42:39 -0700
On 12 Apr 2002, at 18:07, Jackie Jinks wrote:

> Hi all - is anyone aware of this site/capability?
> www.openthisnow.com/eraser/
> What I read is that you can eliminate some 'hidden' things in your
> hard drive...but I'm not at all familiar with this 'download'. Can
> you shed some light?
>
> Micke Jinks

  I see a lot of spam advertising programs that claim to erase data
from my computer that I might prefer that others not see --
typically, evidence of online activities that would be inappropriate
use of a public/company PC and could prove embarassing on a shared
PC.

  Spams that, in fact, read an awful lot like this web site....

1.  I don't share my home PC.  (Okay, I recognize that this isn't an
option for everybody.)

2.  I do not do things on my office PC that my boss, or the taxpayers
who pay my salary, would object to.

3.  Before I will run a system-level utility on any PC, I need a
certain trust/comfort level with the source.

4.  I try to avoid giving money to spammers:

Registrant:
  ConsumerNet Direct
  POB 2904
  Grain Valley, MO 64029 US

Domain Name: OPENTHISNOW.COM
  Created on: 2002-01-21
  Expires on: 2004-01-21

  These are apparently the same folks as behind
http://www.thisproductworks.com ("pheromones"),
http://www.lovethatspell.com ("pheromones"), http://www.free4all.com
("pheromones"), http://www.heightboosting.com ("bone growth", through
a Quebec business address), etc.

  This is a direct-mail/web advertising agency, apparently
specializing in "medical" products "as seen on TV".  Is that really
who you want to buy a system security utility from?

  Note that this is *not* a product review....

David Gillett

                       http://freepctech.com/rode