Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:04:07 -0500
I was looking through the (paper) folder where I saved printouts with fonts that I liked and printed in their own name along with a test phrase.  Many of the fonts I used and really liked have disappeared from my PC and "upgraded" applications: Lucida Bright, Perpetua, Franklin Gothic Book, Baker Signet, News Gothic, Eurostile, Bell MT, Centaur, Goudy Old Style, California FB.

I'm older and my eyes aren't what they used to be and I need these clear fonts that came with applications that I purchased (Office Small Business 2000 - I now use 2003, etc. - all purchased retail copies that were supposed to "improve" on what I had before).  Apparently when these applications were "upgraded" my fonts got "downgraded" - that is when the "upgraded" application was installed, MS conveniently left out fonts that I had come to depend on with that app. and now wants $30 per font to return them to me.

When I looked online, there are lots of "free" fonts that are drippy, holiday, fat, weird, but the normal legible, CLEAR to read fonts, no matter how OLD they are, are nowhere to be found.  I go to a "free fonts" site and all they have silly fonts; if you click on a normal font you get carried to a page to BUY it - like a bait and switch scam.  I don't want to buy it AGAIN - I can't afford it.

Surely there are people who would like to share, trade, exchange fonts?  A font file set is actually quite small and would even be easy to send as an email attachment.  I did see some site where people could upload things and others could download them, and there was one of "MY" fonts that I had at some time or other paid for in an application -  but now I can't remember the name of the site.  Anyone know?

Thanks,       Old half-blind lady

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml