Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peetie Wheatstraw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:38:03 -0600
Date:    Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:58:09 -0800
From:    David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: W2k IE6: Selectively deleting "Temporary Internet Files"

On 14 Nov 2003 at 16:20, Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

>> .... Any idea why the 'dir'
>> command returned the 'file not found' message?
>
>  "folders" under the "Temporary Internet Files" entry are not real OS-level
>directories -- they're some kind of cache structure that IE knows how to
>manage.

Is this response consistent with the fact that one can use
Win. Explorer (not IE) facilities (larely inadequate for my
purposes) to manage files in, say:

   "d:\Documents and settings\Fname Lname
      \Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"

???

I had hoped to set up a .bat file that would periodically
clean most of the garbage out of this directory ...

  Cheers,
  Peetie

| Peetie Wheatstraw            [log in to unmask] |

> Hi,
>
> I used W2k Pro Windows Explorer to view my IE6 Temporary
> Internet Files. There were about 30k of them.
>
> Being an old MS DOS kinda guy, I used a command prompt to
> set my directory, something like:
>
> cd "d:\Documents and settings\Fname Lname
>       \Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"
>
> I intended to issue commands like:
>
>  del *doubleclick*.*
>  del *real*.*
>  del *lycos*.*
>
> but when I issued a 'dir' command to see if anything was
> functional, it returned 'file not found'. It was as if
> the dir. with the 30k files was empty (it was not). I
> was able to delete some files with Windows Explorer but
> not by filename components as intended (above).
>
> How does one selectively delete certain Temporary Internet
> Files without wasting beau coup time? Any idea why the 'dir'
> command returned the 'file not found' message?
>
>   Thanx,
>   Peetie

Enter now for a chance to win a 42" Plasma Television!
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda1.com/1/c/563632/113422/313631/313631
AOL users go here: http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;6413623;3807821;f?http://mocda1.com/1/c/563632/113422/313631/313631
This offer applies to U.S. Residents Only

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml