Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:02:12 -0400
Sorry if I was wrong.
(Lets assume I was to make this simpler).
It is not about who is right or wrong, or who has the better memory...

But, that is a "third party site", and their "About" and "Contact Us"
pages are broken. <ummm...>

And they mention "QuickBooks Services" that you need to sign up
for, some of which are paid... "Deluxe Online Billing"?
"The basic Online Billing service allows you to e-mail invoices, estimates
and statements WITHOUT YOUR LOGO from your QuickBooks
2001/2002 software for free."
Sounds like their HTML version to me.
I looked back into the archives (at Yahoo) and there were MANY complaints
about this, the "free" 45 day trials, the nag screens, logging on, etc...

I was referring to "out-of-the box" features, as the program came.

As far as where to set things,
There was a special dialog box that popped up during the send session...
The whole thing was clunky and odd...
Other setting were is a dialog box buried deep somewhere, and hard to find.

Intuit has been switching this around for years.
And "that version" is 7 years back, and they only support things for 3 years.
(Then they drop you/it like a rock...)

Back when some of this was done, (and I can't give exact dates), it was
through some sort of java e-mail server. You did not use your OWN
e-mail program, you signed-in and used the Intuit servers directly from inside
the QuickBooks program.
Documentation (record keeping/tracking) AND SECURITY were big
questions and this was what most users considered a poor idea...
(We all pretty much avoided it...)
PLUS, they had the HTML Invoices which must have been free.

An active member on the other list says this seems to be missing in recent
versions of QuickBooks.  (We all used something like CutePDF for years...)

Rick Glazier

From: Peter Ekkerman SC
Richard,

You may well be right, but I've come across information that differs
from your statement:
See QuickBooks Services - Send Invoices Online
http://www.quickbooksadvisor.info/sub/invoices.htm

Some out-takes from this page:
" Deluxe Online Billing allows you to e-mail QuickBooks invoices,
statements and estimates as e-mail attached .pdf files;......"

" You can e-mail forms from QuickBooks without signing up for Deluxe
Online Billing. However, Deluxe Online Billing gives you E-mailed Forms
Tracking, Payment Reminders, customized forms with your own logo, and a
Customer Account Center.  The basic Online Billing service allows you to
e-mail invoices, estimates and statements without your logo from your
QuickBooks 2001/2002 software for free.  You can only e-mail statements
if you are using QuickBooks 2002 or higher."

Additionally, I also came across many reviews and manuals on QuickBooks
2002 ,that mention the fact that forms and reports
can be emailed (As PDF !!!!)  >  New for 2002 - as per History Change
Log.
Also, this version had many updates.

Regardless, Regina can tell us whether or not she has the email button
on the toolbar or on another menu.
If not, maybe under customization, this email function can be enabled.
If so, the PDF printer driver would have to be enabled or (re)installed.

Peter E.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml