Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 16:54:53 -0500
Hi, this problem concerns a Dell Dimension XPS M200s with Win98,a
TE430vx motherboard, AMI 1.00.08.CYOJ bios.
   Some ID # on the board are barcode:00058219-12461-74A  REV.A00,
AA 669104-704, service tag 9JMV9, TSOP flash- N28F001-8XT120-U70487J3,
SMC FDC37C932FR I/O controller, IntelSB82371SB PCISet. I think the part #
is V09AB55D. There are no error codes or beeps at boot.
  I am having trouble with erratic modem, soundcard, and system speed.
Occasionally the system will hang with a 'ram parity' problem.
 When I run BIOS Wizard I get failures in SMBIOS(DMI) Test-valid DMI is not
found; ACPI test - ACPI is not found and APM test- APM BIOS is not installed.
  I have FMUP.EXE to flash the bios which brings us to the problem.
According to the manual before the bios is flashed, it must be cleared by
jumper J7A1. There is no jumper! The spot is there clearly marked with 3
spots where the jumpers should be. But there are no jumpers. They do not
appear to be broken off. I can't locate any documentation on this.
  What is the solution?
Also, should the CMOS be cleared before or after the BIOS is upgraded?

   Thank you,
   Rick Allen

                       http://freepctech.com/rode