Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 23:08:06 -0400
I seem to have missed the original post on this.. however

to comment on Bobs comments... ISP's can Not cover/firewall against all hack attempts such as what this user probably was victim of... Most likely a "trojan" sort of hack....

as to the original users post..  agreeing with bob here yes you can reinstall win95 and have it fix your missing files... However you should find out what/why/how you got "hacked" to begin with...  the most common reasons it is able to happen is  either  bad protection on networked machines  or a Trojan accidentally installed... as for the first thats something only you can fix (better pass protection/setup)  for the second a GOOD  anti virus program should be able to atleast tell you what you might have been infected with (trojanwise)  that gave others access to your system(s) anti virus software can detect most trojans but can Not always clean them up properly...

My suggestions get an updated copy of  AVP (http://www.avp.com)  or Nortons (http://www.symantec.com/nav/index_product.html)  install and run it  let it try and find if any trojans are/were installed accidentally.. if the anti virus program will clean/disinfect then let it do so (making sure to note the infected files and double check after that they are actually Gone)  if the Anti virus program  cant/wont clean it please  visit http://split.netset.com/hackfix  where you will find Proper removal directions for most trojans...  once you have that out of the way  then go ahead with the reinstall as Bob suggested... after the reinstall a Good anti virus program should help against a reinfection of this type of thing  (again i suggest either AVP or Nortons)

I do hope that helps some... and feel free to direct questions about trojans to me directly if you need more help at [log in to unmask]

Christy Duncan

On 8/19/99 at 6:57 PM Bob Wright wrote:

>I do not know how you could have gotten hacked, a good ISP would have
>firewall protection against this problem.   You should insure this problem
>is solved so it will not re-occur.

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>