Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 20:56:47 EST
OK, as indicated on previous post, I bought a bunch of stuff from CompUSA.
Purchase of individual components was motivated by good pricing and offer of
free installation.  Would like your comments/suggestions on what instructions
I should give to CompUSA when I drop off computer, an HP 8380 running Windows
98.  Note that the free installation offer is conditioned on "default
installation".

I am looking to have the following installed by them:

-  2 CompUSA (PNY?) 64 MB, SDR DIMM memory chips.  Original computer is 100
MHz, but I was assured that these 133 MHz chips are backward compatible.
-  Maxtor 40 GB EIDE hard drive.
-  Maxtor ATA/100 PCI adapter card
-  COMMUNICATE! 8.0 fax, voice, data, voice mail software, to replace Intel
Connect about whose answering machine I have been very unhappy.
-  TEAC 8 X 8 X 32 CD-RW drive
-  Umax Astra 2100 U scanner

I was thinking that it would make the most sense to ask them to install the
memory first, then the hard drive, and then have the programs for the new eq
running on the new hard drive, both as a matter of speed, and not to clutter
up the original hard drive.  Any thoughts on this, or suggestions on what
other instructions I might give them?

Also, looking to install, myself, McAfee Office 3.1, a suite of utilities,
including VirusScan, Firewall, encryption, etc..  Trying to decide whether I
should try this before or after CompUSA gets hold of my computer.  If I do it
before, then I figure it's up to CompUSA to deal with any conflicts/problems.
 But, if somehow I run into a problem, I might miss out on deadline for
getting CompUSA to install other stuff.  Plus, don't want to make CompUSA get
everything running right, then screw it up by installing McAfee later.

Comments?  Questions?  Warnings?  Sage advice?

Thanks!

William Closure

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml