Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Anne Meinema <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:02:59 +0100
Hi...

I just got one... of them... only i didn't trusted it already when i saw it.
Asking me about updating my creditcard information... Looked at the subject
line and found some intresting things, there where a few L replaced with an
I than only in the smale writing like l and I looked almost the same but i
noticed it.

Greetings, Anne

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Gillett" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 3:04 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] VIRUS ALERT - fake email from PayPal

>   I received FOUR of these, all addressed to the account that I use to
> moderate and participate on these lists -- and for virtually nothing else.
>
>   The source machine appears to be on an rr.com cable modem.  And since I
> haven't received any of these to any of my other email addresses (...),
it's
> highly likely that the owner of that machine is subscribed to either or
both
> of PCSOFT and PCBUILD.
>
> David Gillett
>

> On 14 Nov 2003 at 14:15, Al Thompson wrote:
>
> > I received 3 virus-infected emails today (Friday)  which were supposedly
from PayPal. Don't be fooled - they looked
> > very authentic. I don't usually pass this type of info along, but
considering the nature of these emails, I thought
> > it prudent to do so. Ironically, since changing my email address, I've
had no email contact with anyone other than
> > this list - hmmm? (Someone on the list infected?)
> >
> > Al Thompson
> >

> > The attachment name is:    www.paypal.com.scr
> > The subject line read:        YOUR PAYPAL.COM ACCOUNT EXPIRES
> > The virus name is:             W32/Mimail.i@MM
> >
> > The messages read as follows:
> >
> > Start QUOTE
> >
> > Dear PayPal member,
> >
> > PayPal would like to inform you about some important information
regarding your PayPal account. This account, which
> > is associated with the email address
> >
> > <my email address was here>
> >
> > will be expiring within five business days.  We apologize for any
inconvenience that this may cause, but this is
> > occurring because all of our customers are required to update their
account settings with their personal
> > information.
> >
> > We are taking these actions because we are implementing a new security
policy on our website to insure everyone's
> > absolute privacy. To avoid any interruption in PayPal services then you
will need to run the application that we
> > have sent with this email (see attachment) and follow the instructions.
Please do not send your personal
> > information through email, as it will not be as secure.
> >
> > IMPORTANT! If you do not update your information with our secure
application within the next five business days
> > then we will be forced to deactivate your account and you will not be
able to use your PayPal account any longer.
> > It is strongly recommended that you take a few minutes out of your busy
day and complete this now.

> > DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE VIA EMAIL! This mail is sent by an
automated message system and the reply will not be

                       http://freepctech.com/rode