Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Computer9 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:40:49 -0400
Real Player puts a great deal of stuff all over your machine and registry.  Even if you uninstall it, it doesn't all come out.  It's getting nearly as bad as Symantec for invasiveness and tenacity.

Before you install something new on your PC, its a good idea to save an "Image" of your C partition (Acronis True Image or Ghost or other imaging software) so that you can REALLY get it out (by restoring your entire C partition) if you want it off.

I keep a permanent online diary document (sample below) of anything I do that may affect my registry as I go along between Images.  That way I know exactly what to do to bring my PC back to 'today" if I decide to restore an earlier image (putting back today's email folders and application data, etc.).  Its like a script to follow.

Express Assist 7 is a great and very quick way to backup your Outlook Express email settings and folders, as well as IE6 favorites, etc. and certain Windows items that you may want to put back after a restore of a prior image.   My preference for data backup is 2nd Copy.  I keep an Exact Copy of my D partition with my documents & such on a separate drive and 2nd Copy maintains it, only updating what has changed, which makes it very fast.  It also copies a few things from the C partition that I want to keep current copies of such as my templates folder containing Word's normal.dot, and the profile.dat file for 2nd Copy, desktop items, etc.  - things I would need to replace if I restored a C image (I have my apps set to do their app backups directly to the 2nd hard drive).

Oh, and this works a lot better if you have your "My Documents" folder on a different drive or partition than your operating system and programs and if you set your apps to backup to, and keep app data in,  a folder in "My Documents" (or at least on a different partition) instead of on C: so that they are not disturbed when you restore an image to your C partition.

This is a sample of my "events diary" (accessed on quicklaunch taskbar)......
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image-E024  created on 2006-09-15 .tib   BASE IMAGE  (master volume muted)     RESTORED 9-21

also copied to DVD with Roxio & included files to restore after image.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran EA7 to replace email folders ONLY  (after 9-21 restore of E024)

Adjustments to Word Toolbar and normal.dot - copied Template folder to D

normal.dot    Adjustments to Word Toolbar
     Turned OFF Horizontal scroll bar

     Turned OFF "Cut & Paste" option button (check Settings button)

     Set "click & type" to use "normal" style

Changed quicklaunch icon to get Acronis Trace (this doc) & copied to icon safety folder

Moved Taskbar to top of screen

Downloaded ZA update 6.5.731.000 and installed it

REBOOTED

Power Scheme

    Power is set like this. (Desktop\Properties\Power\ScreenSaver\PowerSchemes & Advanced)

    Hibernate is ON - set for 30 min.

Avast auto-installed update & updated virus signatures

    Set to scan web pages before delivering them to me
Installed Batch File Renamer 2.51
Sized & Positioned a lot of windows (Folder Pics)

Cleaned up MWSnap Folder

Moved taskbar back to bottom

Got email and ran EA7

Ran 2ndCopy