Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:41:56 -0500
Hi Diane,
Take a look at this spyware info website: http://www.tenebril.com/src/info.php?id=101408978
(You can always "google" something like "wildtangent" and find lots of good info.

Here is some of the info from the site above:
"Research
  a.. Method of infection: WildTangent can be downloaded from the WildTangent website, and it is often distributed silently with hardware (e.g. CD or DVD burners). WildTangent is also offered as an add-on to some versions of AOL Instant Messenger.
  The primary reason WildTangent is listed is because it is silently installed with many programs.

  b.. Advertising: WildTangent downloads information related to hardware products and displays it. This can be upgrade information or information relating to a new product -- it is not always related to the hardware you own. WildTangent indicates that it collects the following information: receipt of product messages; and the number of times a particular message is viewed and clicked on. Some anti-adware products do not list WildTangent as adware because it can be easily uninstalled.
  c.. Browser degradation: None.
  d.. Privacy issues: WildTangent shares your first and last name, address, email address and phone number. It also collects information about your computer, including CPU speed, video card configuration, and DirectX version. It records when and how long you use its software and reports this information back to WildTangent.
  e.. Privacy policy: WildTangent's privacy policy is here.
  f.. Security issues: Because WildTangent retrieves and installs software, you have to trust that the software it is installing is benign. Generally, it is not a good idea to give software an open door to your computer in this way.
  g.. Stability issues: None known."

----- Original Message -----
From: diane hartley
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 1:02 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Spyware/Internet Security

I hope it is OK to add a question.  I use Spybot Search and Destroy and have Windows XP.  Recently, I did a scan that came up with 2 files titled WildTangent that required a rescan by Spybot after restarting the computer to fix.  After it rescanned and fixed the problem, a Spybot popup said that there was a request to change the registry and the file was titled Wild Tangent - did I want to accept the change?  I assumed, since I had not gone on the internet, that the registry change was part of the fix and accepted the change, but now wonder if somehow WildTangent was able to immediately reinfiltrate.  Does anyone know what WildTangent is or does?  If it's a problem, can I get rid of it without doing a recovery?  I did restore to a date prior to the date this all happened, but don't know how to check the registry to see if WildTangent is there, and if it is, how to delete it.

Diane Hartley

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml