Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:18:35 EST
OK, I did as suggested and disabled McAfee VirusScan.  (Actually, I did it
one better, and blasted the thing away.)  Now, the computer doesn't get hung
up on start up.  Ah, progress!

Now, I want to deal with it getting hung up on shut down.  I have a 2 year
old HP 8380, running Windows 98.  Following normal shut down, it turns the
whole computer off.  For quite some time, I have been experiencing various
problems shutting down, with no particular pattern.  In fact, on rare
occasions, it totally surprises me, and it operates normally.  At various
times:

-  I get one of the program not responding boxes for "Indexing" or something
like that (even though I have never seen something like that when I do
alt-cont-del to see what's running), or
-  I get to the Windows shutting down screen and it just stays there (the
liar!) or
-  I get a blank screen.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions, donations?

William Closure

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml