Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Timchenko Maxim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:47:07 +0200
> The only effective way to get off a spammers list is to
> close your account and/or get a new e-mail address.

I'll share another extremely effective way with the list. There is a
site in russian Internet that sends a special email to any e-mail address
(only available if you're a registered user of that site). I am not aware
of any such service in English, but I'm sure there is one somewhere.

The special email is a standard mail-server reject, I'm sure you have
received enough of that, like "This user is unreachable" or "Can not
connect to my.mail.server.com for 2 hours, will keep trying", etc. -- the
message indicates something is wrong with the e-mail address. The clever
part is that it also fakes all headers with the actual route to your mail
server (you have to email them to register--that's how they get it) so the
fake message can not be distinguished from the one you'd get if the e-mail
was actually "broken".

And now goes the fun part. Some of the automated spam-mail programs (and
many spammers) will check for these emails and simply remove the
offending addresses from their database. If the address came from some
"email-addresses provider" then after 2-3 rejects the address is very
likely to be removed from their list, too.

In this way, I've managed to keep my e-mail address virtually spam-free
for almost 3 years. Keep in mind that I have some websites and this
address appears there, so crawlers often collect it. But despite that I
get only 3 unsolicited emails a week, on average -- qute a reasonable
value. To compare, my Hotmail address (which I also use on all websites
that require e-mail) receives up to 100 spam-messages per day (luckily,
99% of them goes directly to Bulk Mail and from there to trash).

> hide your actual e-mail address from the eyes of the recipient.
> (They can see it, but it is a pain sometimes.)
IMHO it is not too difficult - most e-mail clients can show headers, and
they show your actual e-mail.

Yours,

<> Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
<>