Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 14:48:23 +0200
>When one adds Data Filters to an Excel worksheet you get a tidy little drop
>down menu showing all the entries in that particular column in alpha order.
>Is it possible to 'grab' that information from the drop down list. Or maybe
>reproduce it within the worksheet. I am aware that it is possible to stack
>the information in any order one wishes. But the drop down menu only lists
>one entry under a particular name, but in the sheet I could have 100's of
>entries underthat name. All I want is a list like the drop down menu makes.
>I would like to be able to print this  list so that the less PC literate
>people at my work place can have a 'hard copy' to check for a particular
>item before going to the spread sheet to look for it. This will also ensure
>that they type in the correct words in the data filter, therefore finding
>the item or items with that name.
>
>I hope I have made my request clear. TIA...Mick

Very clear ... if only the answer was too.

Try this.  Create a pivot table of your list; when picking the fields
(step 3 in the wizard) put the field you want the list for in the row,
and some other field in the data area.  It defaults to a count function
- for me anyway, using a text field - but any function will do.  No
column field is required.

You get a printable table of all the unique values.

There's probably a better way!

>Joe

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**