Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jack R Payton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:52:12 -0400
Anne:

The obvious sounds like first doing an "add/remove programs" of the MSIE
in Control Panel. If you've done that or that didn't cure the problem ie,
you still couldn't reinstall IE, do you have Cleansweep or Uninstall, or
one of the utilities suites like McAfee, Norton, First Aid (which as I
rember works well with Win95), or FixIt? If so, run their registry
cleanup type utility, which should find most of the IE loose ends in the
Registy.

If not, first back up the system.dat and user.dat files in your Windows
folder, then go to Start/Run/ and type in regedit (registry editor). In
the Edit menu select Search and type in Internet Explorer and press
enter. Delete any entries which show a *path* to the harddrive. Unless
you really know what your're doing, I'd leave any other IE entries alone.
Then exit regedit and try to install IE.
jack payton

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:24:26 +0930 Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I have been entrusted by my elderly father to "fix" his PC. It is a
Celeron 533, with
> 64 meg RAM, a 10 gig or so HDD, running Win95. [during Win95 install,
"lost a few critical IE5.5 files...can't reinstall because, '...keep
getting a message
> that the install routine detects IE5 is already installed, and won't
proceed...I dare not format and start again, as a backup of that size is
beyond me.
> Anne Smith

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml