Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Nick Torraca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:14:51 -0500
Hello everyone,
Last month I updated Internet Explorer 5.5 to 6.0. I just noticed that when
I try to pull up history, I get the history pane on the left, but here is no
history there. In the window is a 'history' folder. Under that is a file,
desktop.ini. The usual view and search buttons are not there either. I tried
deleting the history file in c:\windows. It made another, but still the same
problem. I tried the Internet explorer repair tool and it made a new
instance of the history folder in C:\windows\temp. Browsing either one of
these folders, I see pretty much the same thing as I see from the history
side bar: desktop.ini, another history folder inside the first, a folder
within that history folder named MSHist012002030420020305 and some .dat
files inside that. Browsing the history folder on my other 2 machines, (also
recently updated to IE 6.0), I see regular history 'stuff', subfolders
named: 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago, etc. Its all very readable and you can see
the urls. So I'm figuring something on this machine is creating a bad
history folder because I just see the same junk when I browse as I do from
the history pane. I reverted back to IE 5.5 and history displays fine. I
re-installed 6.0 and I'm back to viewing the junk in the history pane. I am
of course creating some history and closing and opening IE when checking
this each time. Thanks for any ideas on how to fix this. -Nick

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml