Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:05:14 -0500
Hello all!

I believe I have a different kind of hijacking. A client of mine purchases a
computer from a local store, and was surprised to find that his home page
was set to the local store's web site. So he went into the Internet Options
to change the home page to Yahoo. To his surprise, every part of that Home
page dialog was grayed out. Essentially, there is no way to change through
the normal channels. (As an aside, the title bar of IE also has the store's
name there also)

I went into the registry to see if I could find the website's name
somewhere, but no joy. The computer is protected with Avast, Spybot, Ad
aware, and Zonealarm. The computer is a clone with 512 RAM, a
more-than-large enough HD and Windows XP Home.

Thanks for your time and thoughts on this one.

Will Stephenson
Acadia Technologies Inc.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

There are as many paths to God as there are people to walk them.