Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:51:53 +1000
Dorothy wrote:
>Now the Microsoft is telling me I have a worm and yet =
>PC-cillin says I'm clear. If the worm is on board how do I deal with =
>it?">>

Can't say, as you haven't given enough info.

What do you mean by "Microsoft Security"?  As far as I know, there's no
such thing.  Do you mean "Defender"?

Defender is an anti-spyware program, whereas your Trend may be anti-virus
only.  Thus you may be comparing 2 different classes of software, and will
expect therefore to get different results.  It is best to have only one a-v
active, but at least 2 or more anti-spyware programs available, though not
necessarily running in their active mode--ie running all the time.  Check
with Spybot and AdAware- both are the most popular free anti-spyware progs.
If you are running Defender actively, only use the latter two for
occasional scans--especially if in doubt.

Just to confuse the issue, some "Worms" are classified by some software as
viruses, while the same or other Worms may be classified by other software
as spyware.  And the same Worm may even be given different names by
different software.  (Who officially names Worms and Trojans, anyway?  Is
it like astronomy--where the discoverer gets to name it?)

And sometimes you can even get "False Positives"---a false identification
where none or some benign thing exists.

Google the exact name of the Worm and you should get plenty of answers.  Or
search Symantec (Nortons) and McAfee sites for specific removal tools.

It's a real can of Worms!

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                       http://freepctech.com/rode