Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:55:41 -0600
I originally sent this message almost two months ago.  Today I received a
message about Norton Anti-virus causing slowdowns and other problems.  This
made me remember that my problem started around the time MIS installed
Norton Anti-virus 5.0 on all the PCs in our office to replace McAfee.  I
checked and it was set to scan all files.  Changing it to "program files"
fixed the problem.  Thanks for the tip.

----------
> From: Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Copying news files (NCH) very slow
> Date: Friday, January 22, 1999 1:42 PM
>
> Someone in MIS worked on my PC last week and now I am unable to use
> Microsoft Internet News.  It just seems to hang when I start it up and my
> whole system slows to a crawl until I kill News.  While looking for this
> problem, I discovered that if I try to copy a News file (with an NCH
> extension) from one directory on my hard drive to another, the same thing
> happens -- the copy seems to hang and my system slows to a crawl.  This
> also happens if I just try to delete a News file.  What could it possibly
> be doing during the copy?  I've checked for viruses, done a scandisk and
> defrag, deleted the directory the News files were in and started over.
> Nothing seems to help.
>
> Running Windows 95a, Internet Explorer 3.01 and the Internet Mail and
News
> that came with.  I'm connected to a LAN but use Dialup Networking to get
> my ISP.  Email through Microsoft Internet Mail and Internet Explorer both
> work fine -- only News seems to be affected.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com