Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 07:45:43 -0400
Memory options are mostly dependent on the motherboard.  If the
motherboard supports more than one speed or size, ie:  PC2700 and
PC3200, using one chip of each wll result in both running at the slower
PC2700 speed.  However, If the chips are DDR (dual data rate) or DDR2,
they may not function in DDR mode.  Older computrers usually required
chips installed in similar-spec pairs (size and speed), newer pcs are
more tolerant.  Max performance will be obtained by the fastest chips
the board will support and filling all the slots up to the memory
capacity of the board.
Paul Hachmeyer
.
g.Computer9f wrote:

>I don't know enough to answer all your questions, but I'm pretty sure that ALL the ram chips in a PC have to be "compatible" with each other.  I don't think its a "mix and match" situation.    --AnnaSummers

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>