Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 23:19:13 -0700
On 15 Apr 2002, at 11:35, James Kerr wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to get Outlook 2000 to send out read receipts but
> I can't get it to work. I go into tracking options and even though
> I have checked and unchecked "request a receipt" it never does. I
> have tried shutting down outlook and even rebooting to no avail,
> any ideas?

  I'm fairly certain that "request a receipt", when checked, just
inserts a special header in each outgoing email message.  IF no
gateway/relay strips out this header (that's one IF), and IF the
destination mail software (could be server or client) honors this
header(*) (that's two -- this is a *request*, not a demand) and IF
nothing on your mail server filters out "system" messages (that's
three), then you'll get some kind of note saying that the message
more or less got there.

(*) I have sent out an awful lot of mail like this over the last
year, and gotten a wide variety of responses and failures to respond.
I don't know who you're hoping for receipts from and not getting
them, but on the occasions when I accidentally sent messages to these
lists with receipts requested, the mailing-list software (wisely)
ignored it.

David Gillett

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml