Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 23:43:21 -0400
Herb:
I'm making two assumptions:
        1. You meant to say "3.5", not "2.25".
        2. You became a computer user after the days of DOS, and 5-1/4
floppies.
You'll need access to a computer with both 5-1/4 and 3-1/2 floppy
drives, and there aren't many of those around anymore. Put a blank,
formatted 3.5 disk in one drive (a: or b:, depending on how the computer
is configured), the 5.25 in the other (b: or a:), and enter copy a:*.*
b:*.* (or copy b:*.* a:*.*) where the first entry refers to the 5.25
drive (source), and the second refers to the 3.5 drive (target).

If you're not positive about the a: b: thing, test it by entering dir a:
-- if you get a file listing, all is well; if there are just grinding
sounds, then try dir b:. Bear in mind that if you get the source and
target disks wrong, and the 3.5 disk happens to have some files on it,
you run the risk of overwriting the 5.25 disks. (If you're still
concerned, there is a slot in the side of the 5.25 floppy envelope.
Cover it with a piece of opaque (NOT transparent) tape, and the disk
will be write-protected.)

This is no guarantee that you will be able to install the program,
however, as some programs (not many) used special formatting techniques
to prevent piracy. Early versions of Lotus 1-2-3 were notorious for this
practice. It was impossible to create backups, which meant that if
something happened to the distribution disks, the user was dead in the
water.
HTH.
-- Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

Herb Chadnow wrote:

> I just saw an auction that has a program I would like to get.  It
> expires in 3 days.
> The only problem is that it is on 5.25 discs. If I purchase them
> is there a way to transfer it to 2.25 discs.
>
> Thanks,
> Herb Chadnow

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions