Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:15:16 -0600
Rick Glazier wrote:

> The problem that
> you have is that the program that is supposed to handle
> the "function" you are trying to perform does not
> exist on your hard drive any longer.  You must replace
> it with "a program" that will do that job...
> Changing the "associations" for "a program" on your
> drive already might also work, but seems a lot harder.

I'm not sure what it is about setting or changing file associations that
seems hard, since this is in fact one of the simplest tasks to perform.
If you'd like to set or change the default handler for a certain file
type, simply highlight (single left click) any example of that file type
in Explorer or in almost any Open/Save file dialog box. With the file
highlighted, press and hold Shift while you right click on the file.
From the resulting pop-up menu, select "Open with..." and scroll to the
application that you'd like to use. If it's not in the list, select
Browse and go find it. Once you've decided which application should
handle this file type, shift your attention to the checkbox at the
bottom of the dialog that says "Always use this program to open this
file." If you want your selection of a file handler to be permanent,
check this box, otherwise make sure it's clear. It's that simple.

There are several other ways to set or change file associations,
including View / Folder Options / File Types from Windows Explorer, or
using the old File Manager, but they aren't any more difficult than the
procedure outlined above.

Jeff Delzer

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html