Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 07:22:48 -0600
At 03:58 PM 4/5/99 , David Gillett wrote:
>On 5 Apr 99, at 11:46, Len Warner wrote:

>  I use Pegasus, and recent versions seem to deal well with most HTML mail.
>
>> I am on Digest, and quite a lot of the messages come through twice:
>> once in plain text and once in gibberish (HTML).
>
>  I believe (this would be Bob's call) that HTML mail is a violation of
>the list rules.  It has been some time since I've noticed any here --
>maybe Pegasus is doing a better job of hiding them than I thought!

I will clarify this issue, especially for subscribers new to our services.

In the fall of 1997, we implemented the policy of NO posts to the list(s)
in any format except "Plain Text."   This lasted about 10 months, until
our big shake-up of August, 1998.  This policy caused a rejection rate
of nearly 40% of all messages sent to PCSOFT and PCBUILD mailing
lists.

In August of 1998, Drew Dunn and myself decided we were frustrating too
many people with the large number of rejections due to this issue.  We
implemented the current moderation policy that states:

Messages will be rejected "If the message is completely unreadable
in plain text (but it may include formatting)."
 (see our full moderating policy at: http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html#mod)

If you would like to better understand "How" our mailing lists function
visit this web page:  http://nospin.com/pc/maillist.html

We highly recommend every subscriber take some time to verify that their
Email client is set to PLAIN TEXT, especially when posting to any
mailing list, most especially ours.  We have a web page that explains
in detail how to configure Email software to Plain Text:
        http://nospin.com/pc/pcs05-5.html

Remember that sending E-mail in Plain Text is considered proper
Netiquette, unless you are certain the recipient has a mail program
that clearly displays formatting.  An adult would not send a letter to
their banker or lawyer pasted up with pictures of clowns & dogs, in
three different colored ink on red paper.  Yet, regularly people will
send out E-mails that are just as garish, believing it proves they are
techno-literate...   when in fact, the recipient believes the sender
has no concept how to REALLY use an Email program.

I highly suggest that everyone take the time to set their Email program
to plain text when using our mailing list(s) and other mailing lists, saving
the formatting for fun with friends and family.  It tends to represent
you as a mature, savvy and effective user of the Internet.

Thanks for making PCSOFT such a great success...

                Bob Wright
       The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                            The NOSPIN Group