Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 09:30:47 -0500
Karl,
        I used to have similar problems with my computer. I can only
assume that something in the software easily became corrupted, as
every couple of months, I would find myself unable to establish a
connection with my ISP. Most of the time, I saw the "Error in
Protocol" message.
        What worked for me, was to delete all my connections in Dial Up
Networking, go to the control panel, remove DUN, and all the
network protocols, reboot, and then re-install everything that I
had removed.
        I don't have this problem any more, and while I have upgraded to
Windows 98, I almost think it is a new modem that has solved the
problem.

        Elizabeth Boston                [log in to unmask]

> my main computer with Windows
> 95B and IE 4.01
> with Outlook Express seems to be burping on me.  I am
> using Dial-UP
> Networking DUN 1.3.
>
>      After connection has been made and the modems
> already have shaken
> hands, I get an assortment of messages from Windows:
>
> 1.  "No answer".
> 2.  "Error in internal authentication"
> 3.  "Disconnected by remote computer"
> 4.  "Error in Protocol" (everything checks fine)
>
>      After the apparent start of e-mail operations,
> both send (STMP) and
> receive (POP3), I get "Server has failed to respond in
> 60 seconds, do you
> wish to wait?", which continues on and on.
>
>      Sometimes I get through, but most of the time I
> have these problems.
> I hope someone has an answer.
>         K. Karl Kuller       [log in to unmask]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: